What is your bottom line? What’s the most important aspect of operations in your business – Right now! This moment! Do you know? If you don’t, how long will it take you to find out?
Gaining clarity of vision in your day-to-day business operations is vital to your business success.
- Do you have unaddressed issues that are stalling operations?
- Where do you need to look first and most often to keep things running smoothly? How do you know (HDYK)?
- Is your business flourishing or is it languishing? HDYK?
- Are you pumped every day about its operations or is your energy flagging? HDYK?
- Do you know what’s wrong but you don’t know how to fix it? HDYK?
The most important thing about goals is having one.
-Geoffrey F. Abert
Goals are what keep us moving forward – in our lives, in our businesses. Without goals, we usually manage to do only what we have been doing, and often in a scattered manner, wondering at the end of the day where the day has gone and what we have accomplished.
Without clear, doable goals, our businesses and our lives may flounder or stall.
Visions of where we want to go in life and in business provide us with the carrot at the end of the stick; and having specific goals tells us how we are going to get a grip on that carrot. Goals provide the step-by-step instructions on how to achieve our vision.
Having an idea in your head or a vision of where you want to take your business (or life) may keep you happy, but is more likely to keep you dreaming rather than actually doing.
Putting your vision down on paper in real terms, will grab your subconscious attention in a way that leaving it in your head cannot do. Putting it to paper begins a process of making your dream more real, tangible – and doable.
The best goal is a written goal.